Around 6500 languages are spoken in the world and in the 8th schedule of the constitution of our country, a total of 22 languages have national language status and we Indians speak more than seven hundred dialects. As far as the English language is concerned, it is one of the most spoken and understood languages of the world.
Throughout the world, English is the second most spoken language after the Mandarin Chinese language. In the Charter of the United Nations Organization, English has been included as the second official international language. Now 50% of the content on the Internet is in the English language.
In the coming years, along with India, the importance of the English language will continue to prevail in different countries all over the world. According to research data, English is the official language of about 70 countries and these countries include India. Therefore, if we improve our English language skills, then we can get a consistent job in our career along with getting a suitable job.
Why should we improve our English language skills? Know its benefits
Often we feel that in our everyday life, English has a lot of importance in school, college, and university education. You give an entrance exam like CAT, MAT, XAT, TET or take part in a competitive exam or interview for an internship/job, you definitely take a proficiency test in English language and your English language skills are also considered in the interview.
If you are skilled in speaking and writing in English, then you get many opportunities for your studies, training, internships, jobs, and any profession from time to time.
Although each language has its own special significance and there is no dearth of scholars and elegant people in all languages, even in the modern digital and internet world, English speaking person is very cultured, courtly, modern, educated, and intelligent. cracked up to be. English is the topmost communication language of our country. Let us discuss some of the special benefits of the English language:
English language skills can give you an advantage in your career
If you are an expert in the English language, then you can never have any problem in learning any work in any office because often all administrative and technical, content development and finance-related work in all government and private offices, companies, and organizations is often English.
If your English language skill set is good, then you will continue to get continuous opportunities in your job or career because:
- If you do not know how to speak or write English, then getting a suitable job for yourself will prove to be a challenge for you today.
- Good English skills mean good negotiation and communication skills.
- Employees who specialize in English are more smart and professional.
- The English language provides many jobs and career opportunities for us.
- English is an important language for the Internet and almost all information is available in the Internet in English itself.
- You get ‘soft power’ with a good English skill set.
- Excellent English language skill set proves to be a milestone in getting you an attractive salary package.
- English provides us more means of entertainment.
- Our confidence increases with good English.
Some useful tips to improve English language skills
How can you master the English language through self-study? Below, we have introduced some special but easy tips for your convenience, which you can also try and become an expert in the English language:
- Never be afraid to make a mistake and maintain your self-confidence.
- Create an environment around English speaking and writing.
- Practice English speaking and writing daily, until you have mastered the English language.
- 4 important skills related to the English language – practice reading, writing, speaking, and listening continuously.
- To check your ability in the English language, keep giving English language tests from time to time.
- Set short-term and long-term goals to learn the English language.
- Use new words while writing and speaking and learn some new words daily.
- Keep a good dictionary with you.
- Read the English literature of good writers.
- Play games/word puzzles related to the English language.
- Take feedback from time to time.
Knowledge of some special apps to improve English language skills
Nowadays it is the age of smartphones and you can learn excellent English on your smart-phones through the following apps:
- Duolingo – Learn Free Languages
- Memrise – Learn Languages Free
- Culengo – Learn Languages Easy
- Improve English – Word Games
- Learn English Grammar – (UK Edition)
- Learn Language – Rosetta Stone
- Learn English with Babel
Top English courses available in India
If you take a professional course in the English language and get a degree/diploma or certificate, then you will have a good English language skill set as well as certification so that your resume will get further and further into your career Opportunities for promotion will continue to be available.
Following is the list of these courses:
- Spoken English and Public Speaking Courses of Webs Talk
- Spoken English and IELTS / PTE Training Program
- Pep Talk Skills
- English Courses / Programs of Inlingua
- Different English Language Courses of Bafel
- Special Design Spoken English Courses of British Council
- Englishmate’s Professional English courses
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced level courses from S Institute
- British, American English speaking courses at New American Institute.
Top Indian institutes to improve English language skills
If we have to master the English language and then, if we have a degree, diploma, or certificate related to the English language to prove our qualifications, then no one can stop our progress in the path of jobs and careers. Below is a list of some of the leading institutes in our country for your convenience where you can master the English language by taking admission:
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad
- Oxford School Of English
- British Council, Delhi
- English Mate, Delhi
English Language attractive to experts jobs
Although in our country, job seekers must have mastered the English language for almost every job or career, for your convenience, below we are broadly giving some specific jobs or career fields related to the English language:
- Center And officer level jobs in various ministries of state governments, all government and non-government departments, offices, companies, and multinational companies.
- Jobs in Embassies
- Writing & Translation Jobs
- Management / Sales & Marketing Jobs
- Announcer / Anchor / Radio Jockey
- TV & Social Media Jobs
- Jobs in National / International Call Centers
- A career in Medical Line
- Law Fields
- Banks & Financial Institutes
- Tourism and Hospitality